Still hesitant to put massage in your routine? Here are some interesting facts that might sway your thoughts:
- Massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your immune system.
- Massage may be the oldest form of medical care. Egyptian tomb paintings show people being massaged.
- In South Korea only the blind or visually impaired may become licensed masseurs.
- One hour massage equates to 7-8 hours sleep on the body.
- Massage before an athletic event, makes the athlete more flexible, enhanced speed and power, and makes the athlete less prone to injury.